Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Son Jack


Sorry to say, I am barely a sports fan anymore (although my enthusiasm has waned for very different [and hopefully more substantial and/or interesting] reasons than
this guy over at Slate). And yet the news that the Seattle Mariners, that beleaguered franchise still reeling from the reign of Bavasi (commonly known by residents of the Emerald City as The Years of Pestilence and Misery), have acquired Cliff Lee, arguably the best left-handed pitcher in all of baseball, to accompany Felix Hernandez, who might be the best pitcher in all of baseball, at the top of their rotation, set my heart involuntarily aflutter. 

This guy over at USS Mariner suggests you name your first-born son Jack, in honor of M's general manager, Jack Zduriencik. I'm not sure I disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment